Translate

Sunday 25 October 2015

British Birds

Hello dear readers.

For a change, I've found the time to put my next post up in a reasonable time. Hello to my Russian readers too, I notice that I've had several from Russia dropping in to view the blog.

Two weeks ago I bought a Panasonic Lumix FZ72. I've had my Lumix FZ18 for seven years and although it is still working perfectly and looks as good as the day I bought it, I reaslised I needed to upgrade. The FZ72 has a 60x optical zoom and focuses down to 1 cm from the front of the lens,. in common with a lot of the other FZs. I fell in love with the new camera right away.

I thought I'd test the camera by taking it down to Cromwell Bottom Local Nature Reserve, where as some of you know I'm a volunteer for the Freshwater Environmental Ecology Trust (FEET), which is a green organisation. I sat in  the hide at the bird feeding station for about two hours and took the following photos. It seemed a good idea to post them here. I've already done a blog post of them for the FEET members site.

I shan't talk about the birds, just show the photos: So here we go...

Male Chaffinch

Male Chaffinch

Female Chaffinch

Female Chaffinch

Great Tit

Blue Tit

Great Tit (left)         Blue Tit (right)

Coal Tit

Goldfinch

Greater Spotted Woodpecker

Greater Spotted Woodpecker

Nuthatch

Magpie

And to finish off, a Grey Squirrel, they are resident at the site and I like them, hence including it here..

Grey Squirrel

With a little more practice, I'm hoping to get even better photos of the birds. 
So that's it for the moment.  I've not decided what the next post will be yet. It will be a surprise to me as well as you. Look after yourselves. Gordon.




No comments:

Post a Comment